Rehab Device rebless™ wins industrial design award
AUSTIN, TX, November 14, 2022 /PRNewswire/ — rebless™, an IoT rehabilitation device made by H Robotics to help patients with neurological and musculoskeletal disorders, was introduced at the 42n/a annual awards for excellence in industrial design (IDEA). rebless™ earned 2nd place in the medical and healthcare industry category.
rebless™ is an FDA-registered robotic rehabilitation device for the upper and lower limbs, providing motion to the elbow, wrist, ankle, and knee joints. With multiple modes of operation, rebless™ allows for passive, active-assisted, and resisted movements so therapy can be personalized to each patient’s condition and progress.
rebless™ was one of only two silver winners in its IDEA category. Founded by the Industrial Designers Society of America, IDEA recognizes outstanding achievement in industrial design across many related disciplines, including design strategy, branding, and digital interaction. Each year, thousands of nominations are submitted by design teams around the world, making IDEA one of the largest and most anticipated annual awards programs in the world.
rebless™ received its prestigious IDEAS award after receiving top marks for the following criteria:
- Design Innovation – To advance the category and solve a critical problem.
- User benefit – To help users improve their lives. rebless™ helps patients achieve their goals, whether it’s being able to run again after knee replacement surgery or being able to play with their grandkids after a stroke.
- Customer/Brand Benefit – For design that is a key market differentiator. rebless™ is the first rehabilitation device of its kind and is designed to benefit both the upper and lower limbs and treat musculoskeletal and neurological conditions.
- Benefit to society – To address critical health issues and design compatible with sustainable methods.
- Appropriate Aesthetics – For a pleasing and revolutionary design with benefits derived from both form and function.
Andrew ChangHead of US Business, said, “We are proud that the Industrial Designers Society of America has recognized rebless™. Every year, the number of patients with neurological and musculoskeletal disorders increases. The innovative industrial design of rebless™ is one of the main reasons why it is able to play an important role in their recovery. »
About H Robotics
Established in 2018 and located at Austin, TX, H Robotics is made up of a team of innovators who share a passion for improving lives. H Robotics is one of the fastest growing robotics companies, developing, manufacturing and distributing cutting-edge rehabilitation solutions for people with neurological and musculoskeletal disorders. These solutions include medical robots and data-driven telemedicine offerings.
IDEA rewards products and services that encourage, inspire and advance the industry. IDEA was founded to promote innovation and excellence and encourage a thorough and forward-thinking process. Ultimately, the awards recognize outstanding design that brings real benefits to users, customers and society.
Founded in 1965, the Industrial Designers Society of America (IDSA) is one of the oldest and largest industrial design associations. Their members are – and have been – some of the most famous industrial designers of all time. The IDSA community helps strengthen the industrial design profession and contributes to the unlimited impact of design within business, culture and society.
SOURCE H Robotics
Comments are closed.