Postdoctoral Fellow, Division of Industrial Design job with NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF SINGAPORE
College of Design and Engineering, NUS, is seeking talented scholars to join a new research program on Designing for the future intelligent environment through the lens of service design, AI-based design, human-computer interaction and UX design.
The successful candidate will be engaged in a multidisciplinary strategic research program in a joint effort between design, architecture, built environment and computer engineering. In this interdisciplinary program, this position will bring a strong user-centric approach to human-building interaction/interface design for intelligent environment system on AI, dynamic personal data, edge computing and robotic technologies, placing the values of human well-being and environmental sustainability at the center.
The successful candidate will develop new design principles, methodologies and design cases on how human experiences in a smart building can be designed, through human-centric AI, human-AI collaboration, democratization of data, service design and UX design.
The position offers a fantastic opportunity for professional and academic career development in the emerging fields of AI-driven design, service design, data-driven design, human interaction and service design. user experience. The successful candidate will receive adequate training in a multidisciplinary team environment.
- Develop new principles, frameworks and methodologies for the design of human interfaces for a smart and adaptive building, taking into account human well-being, data privacy and sustainability
- Prototyping of new interaction systems and services for human-building interactions (e.g. mobile systems, interactive walls, etc.)
- User experience research (qualitative and quantitative)
- Academic Publications
- Facilitation of interdisciplinary creative collaboration
Qualifications and requirements
- Degrees in design, human-computer interaction or other relevant disciplines. Relevant work experience is welcome.
- Demonstrated experience in design and prototyping, and academic research.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team, collaborate across disciplines and build effective relationships.
- Proficiency in graphics and prototyping tools
- Good knowledge and skills in programming and data analysis
- Experience in data visualization will be an advantage
- Good communication skills in English
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students is one of our top priorities, and the COVID vaccination supports our commitment to keeping our community safe and making NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. . Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interaction with students/staff/audience members. Even for professional roles that can be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presences will be required.
As per Singapore legal requirements, unvaccinated workers will not be able to work on NUS premises from January 15, 2022. Thus job applicants will need to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to gain successful employment with NUS .