Associate Lecturer / Lecturer in Industrial Design at GRIFFITH UNIVERSITY
Engineering Dr, Labrador QLD 4215, Australia Full time
Create a better future for all
Griffith University is a progressive, values-driven university dedicated to learning, leadership and innovation. This is your chance to help us achieve our vision of transforming lives and enriching human knowledge and understanding in a way that creates a future that benefits everyone.
Since opening in 1975, Griffith has grown from one campus and 451 students to a comprehensive, multi-campus institution with 50,000 students and over 200,000 graduates.
School of Engineering and the Built Environment
We are known for our high-impact research, exceptional student experience, commitment to social justice, and welcoming environment. We rank among the top 2% of universities in the world and are proud of our remarkable achievements, our people and their passion for making a positive difference. Together, we contribute to the development of knowledge and learning in an attractive environment that values excellence, equity, diversity and innovation.
We are currently looking for an experienced Industrial Design Lecturer to be responsible for delivering design studios, supervising doctoral (B-level) research, undertaking impactful research and making a positive contribution to the discipline of architecture, design and planning. This role includes leadership capacity in learning and teaching, research and industry engagement. Success in this role requires collaboration with the Architecture, Industrial Design and Planning discipline team, the technical and administrative staff of the School of Engineering and the Built Environment, and the architecture, design and construction industry. industrial design and planning.
Key requirements for this position include:
- Demonstrated knowledge, skills and experience in industrial design education, including professional industrial design practice, industrial design literature and design studios at undergraduate and postgraduate levels.
- Demonstrated experience in curriculum design, development, subject leadership and course direction, particularly in 3D printing, manufacturing and advanced manufacturing.
- Demonstrated ability to undertake high quality research that contributes to the discourse of the discipline of industrial design.
- Demonstrated ability to engage students using blended modes of instruction.
- Demonstrated ability to engage and undertake industry consultation that adds value to the discipline, particularly in relation to student employability and staff/industry professional development.
- Research and teaching interests related to climate change, manufacturing and cultural awareness and the ability to transfer knowledge, envision scenarios and produce innovative design solutions that change/influence professional practice.
- Demonstrated communication and interpersonal skills and the ability and commitment to work in a collegial manner and contribute to the positive culture and aspirations of the school and university, including collaborating with other staff, participating school committees and activities and liaising with industry partners.
This is a permanent full-time position based at the Gold Coast campus. Griffith is a multi-campus university and so it is understood that this position will work on all campuses as required.
To be successful in this role, you hold a PhD or Master’s degree of equivalent accreditation and status and/or significant progress towards obtaining a PhD in Industrial Design.
In addition to the above, you will demonstrate:
- The ability to work both independently and within a team.
- The ability to take initiative to achieve career goals and objectives.
- Leadership abilities.
The base salary for an Associate Lecturer (A-level) position is between $70,738 and $95,127 per year, plus 17% employer pension. The total package is between $82,764 and $111,299 per year.
The base salary for a lecturer position (level B) is between $100,137 and $118,916 per year, plus 17% employer pension. The total package is between $117,160 and $139,132 per year.
How to register
Please submit your application online and ensure that your application includes the following:
A cover letter outlining your suitability for the position, specifically meeting the key requirements listed in the job description, as outlined in this job posting.
Curriculum vitae/current curriculum vitae which should include:
- Full name, address, telephone number and email address;
- Details of education, vocational training and qualifications;
- Work history, including current position and details of relevant professional, consulting or industry experience;
- Research interests and list of publications;
- Research grants awarded and any other relevant information, such as mandates held in professional organizations, community services, etc.
- Names and contact details of at least three professional referents (no contact will be made without your authorization.
Get the job description by clicking on the apply button. You will be redirected to the Griffith University job search page where you can access the job description.
Visa sponsorship is possible for this appointment for applicants who do not hold valid Australian employment rights.
What Griffith University offers
- Flexible work options and true work-life balance
- Salary package options and company health discounts
- Generous leave entitlements, including paid parental leave
Griffith University values diversity, inclusion and flexibility and we encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, as well as people from all backgrounds to apply. For more information, please see our Equity, Diversity and Inclusion page.
Griffith’s strategic goals are also to increase the proportion of women in senior academic and administrative positions and in science, technology, engineering, mathematics and medicine (STEMM).
For further information on this role, please contact Dr Sam Canning on 0434 551 864 and/or email@example.com
For support inquiries, please contact Liza Aburn, Talent Acquisition Officer on +61 (0) 7 373 53505 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: Monday, December 12, 2022 at 5:00 p.m. AEST. All applications must be submitted online.