Vice-Dean, Industrial Design job with RMIT UNIVERSITY
- Essential leadership and management role at the School of Design
- Academic level D/E + 17% superannuation and flexible working arrangements.
- 3-year fixed-term contract with underlying permanent position at D/E level
- Based in the heart of Melbourne at our city campus
About the College and the Portfolio
The College of Design and Social Context encompasses RMIT University’s renowned disciplines of art, architecture, design, built environment, communication and social sciences. The design school includes the disciplines of industrial design, digital design (including animation, games and digital design) and communication design.
About the role
The Associate Dean of Industrial Design plays a critical leadership and management role within the school, responsible for driving L&T quality, research leadership and industry engagement for the discipline. In doing so, the Associate Dean must work across disciplines and schools to deliver effective results in L&T and R&I.
The Associate Dean is responsible for providing strategic and academic leadership and management of the discipline, consistent with university and college strategic plans and objectives, and contributing at a senior level to the strategic planning and development of the discipline. ‘school. It is an integrated leadership role that includes learning and teaching, research and industry engagement.
As Associate Dean of Industrial Design, you will play a critical role in leading the discipline in the face of the challenges of climate change, digital disruption, new forms of design and manufacturing/manufacturing, and changing practices. and social and cultural expectations. You will work with the discipline team in the undergraduate and postgraduate programs.
As a member of the school’s leadership team, the incumbent must work collaboratively with all members of the leadership team and with staff to ensure that the school achieves its strategic goals.
To be successful in this position, which focuses on the discipline of industrial design, you will need to possess the following:
- Strong leadership skills and experience building, leading and managing academic teams and projects in a collegial environment to achieve strategic goals
- High level of interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills, including the ability to liaise with senior management and external agencies
- Demonstrated track record of providing L&T leadership and expertise that contributes to improved student outcomes
- Substantial record of academic, research and professional achievement in a field relevant to the discipline, and the ability to exercise academic leadership to enhance the reputation of the School nationally and internationally
- Strong demonstrated commitment to key College strategic priorities including: Reconciliation; praxis (integrated, practice-led, engaged in industry, teaching and research); the United Nations Sustainability Goals; and interdisciplinary academic collaboration that produces meaningful results for our students and external stakeholders
- Doctorate or demonstrated equivalence, combined with knowledge and achievements meeting the professorial criteria
- Verification of working with children is required for this role.
Please submit your CV and address key selection criteria 1-4 in the job description and attach as a separate document (max 2 pages).
Click on ‘Apply‘ via the link below.
For more information on this position, please see the job description below or contact Professor Laurene Vaughan, Dean of the School of Design via email firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing of applications at 11:59 p.m. Sunday, June 12, 2022
RMIT is a disability confident recruitment team and we are happy to tailor the recruitment process to your accessibility needs. Please contact us at TalentSupport@rmit.edu.au by telling us your preferred type of communication and we will contact you as soon as possible to discuss your needs.
The COVID-19 Compulsory Vaccination (Workers) Guidelines, made under the Public Health and Welfare Act 2008 (Vic) and as amended and replaced from time to time (Guidance), affect all persons employed or engaged to perform work by RMIT.
As such, RMIT job offers are conditional on the candidate being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or medically exempt and providing satisfactory proof thereof. You can access directions here: https://www.dhhs.vic.gov.au/victorias-restriction-levels-covid-19